How does Facebook receive information from other businesses and organizations?
We offer tools to businesses and organizations that help us give people a better Facebook experience, while also letting businesses and organizations reach the right people for their business.
Some ways we receive information from businesses and organizations include:
- Facebook Pixel and Facebook SDK. Facebook Pixel and Facebook SDK are tools that businesses can choose to add to their website or app. These tools allow the business to send information about people's interactions on their website or app to Facebook, such as when someone makes a purchase or opens an app.
- Facebook Login and Account Kit. A business can add Facebook Login or Account Kit to their app or website, which lets you log in without having to create and remember a new password. When a business uses Login or Account Kit, we get some information from them, such as the type of device you're using.
- With Facebook Login, you log into a business's website with your Facebook account information.
- With Account Kit, you log into an app or website using your phone number or email address.
Some things we do with this information:
A few things we do with these tools to improve your Facebook experience include:
- Show you ads you might be interested in that introduce you to new products and services. For example, you may see ads for hotel deals if you visit travel websites.
- Create a more personalized experience for you by suggesting things you might be interested in, like events you may want to go to. For example, you may see events for fitness classes if you've recently bought athletic clothing.
- Identify suspicious activity to help keep Facebook secure.
- Understand and measure how their website, app or ads are performing and whether they're reaching the right people.
- Connect to new customers who might be interested in their products and services.
Keep in mind:
- We don't sell your information to anyone.
- We prohibit businesses or organizations from sharing sensitive information with us, such as health and financial information, your date of birth and passwords. If we determine that a business or an organization is violating our terms, we'll take action against that business or organization.
What steps does Facebook take to secure and protect my information when I send or receive money in messages?