About Business Manager Roles and Permissions
Business Manager uses a 2-layer permission system that makes sure each person has the access they need. The first level is where you add people to your Business Manager. You can assign them either admin or employee access. Then, use task-based permissions to grant access to your assets.
With the task-based permissions system, you can see the specific activities you allow each person to perform. Task-based permissions help you safeguard your Facebook information. We recommend that you share the least amount of access that still allows people to do their work.
Add people to your Business Manager
When you add people to your Business Manager, assign them admin or employee access.
- Employee access: We recommend you add people as employees. They can only work on assigned accounts and tools.
- Admin access: Admins have full control over your business. They can edit settings, people, accounts and tools.
You can also use advanced options to assign finance roles.
- Finance analyst: They see financial details like transactions, invoices, account spend and payment methods.
- Finance editor: They can edit business credit card information and financial details like transactions, invoices, account spend and payment methods.
Grant people access to assets
After you've added people to your Business Manager, you can grant them permission to access your business's assets in Business Settings. For example, ad accounts, Pages, pixels or catalogs.
For each person and asset, you can grant access to specific tasks. For example, you can add someone to your Business Manager as an employee, then grant them permission to create ads and view Page performance, but not publish to the Page. Tasks for each asset are divided into 2 categories:
- Standard Access: Toggle on each task you'd like the person to perform.
- Admin Access: In this section, you only have one option. Toggle on admin access to allow the person to manage the asset and perform all available tasks.
Note: Only Pages assigned to a Business Manager use task-based permissions. Pages not associated with a Business Manager use role-based permissions.
MANAGEMENT TOOLS |
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.