Common Support Topics
Specifications for Playable Ads Assets
The playable ad specifications are the requirements for creating a playable asset. Click below for specifications for:
For Playable HTML5 Assets
- Playable game should be HTML5 (the extension should be 'html' or 'htm').
- The file size should be less than 2MB.
- Playable should not require mraid.js.
- Playable should not make any HTTP request. For example, "XMLHttpRequest" is not allowed.
- Playable should be in portrait mode.
- Playable should have a responsive design because it needs to support multiple types of devices which have different resolutions.
FbPlayableAd.onCTAClick()when a person interacts with the call-to-action in the ad. Facebook uses the code to navigate to the correct app store page for the app.
- No dynamic asset loading through external network is permitted.
To combine into one file: encode image into base64 string, integrate js into index.html.
For Zip Files
- A playable ad in a zip file format is currently supported on all placements on iOS and Android.
Zip archive should contain an
index.htmlfile located at the root, for example:
- Note: Resources may be placed anywhere in the directory structure, as long as they are referenced relative to
index.html. For example, the following file:
- must be references as:
FbPlayableAd.onCTAClick()only needs to be called in one place.
- The total size of uploaded files may not exceed 5MB.
- The number of files inside the bundle may not exceed 100.
- The size of
index.htmlfile should not exceed 2MB.
For Lead-In Video
- All aspect ratios are supported, including Landscape, Square and Vertical. Learn more about Facebook's standard video requirements.
- Note: Lead in videos are required when running playable ads, however the lead in video will only deliver as part of the playable experience on Newsfeed. On Audience Network placements, no lead in video is delivered.
CREATE ADS FROM ADS MANAGER |
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.