More help for you
About Conversions API
Conversions API is one of our Facebook Business Tools that lets you share key web and offline events, or customer actions, directly from your servers to ours. Conversions API works with your Facebook pixel to help improve the performance and measurement of your Facebook ad campaigns.
You can use Conversions API to:
- Measure customer actions in more ways. For example, you can share delayed values, user scores or lead scores and use them for optimization in our other business tools. This gives you visibility into your customer’s full journey.
- Improve accuracy of events sent for measurement and optimization when used along with the pixel. When you use Conversions API, you don’t have to worry about events getting lost because of problems like a browser crash or an ad blocker.
- Control the data you share. Conversions API gives you control over what to share and when to share it.
Server events are linked to your pixel and behave like browser pixel events in the following ways:
- They’re used for the same types of ad optimization, including conversion optimization and value optimization.
- They appear in most of the same surfaces, including Ads Manager and Events Manager.
- They obey the same restrictions. For example, they both require advertisers to accept the Facebook Business Tools Terms.
You or your developer can set up Conversions API in two ways:
- Manually set up the API. Learn how to use the guided setup in Events Manager.
A benefit to partner integrations is that setup is easier, and the partner may support other integrations that complement Conversions API. Otherwise, manual setup and partner integration setup function in similar ways.
When you use Conversions API along with our other Facebook Business Tools, you can gain additional insights into the types of people that interact with your business in your store, on your app and on the web.
Learn more about the Offline Conversions API (for store sales optimization), the App Events API (for app server events) and Advanced Matching with your pixel (to help you attribute more conversions and reach more people).
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.