More help for you
Test Your Server Events Using the Test Events Tool
After you set up server events using the Conversions API, you can use the Test Events tool to:
- Check that you’ve set up your server events correctly and we’ve received them.
- Check that you set up deduplication correctly by seeing which events were processed, and which were deduplicated.
- Debug any unusual activity.
Note: This article explains how to use the Test Events tool for events sent from your server through the Conversions API. If you want to use the Test Events tool to test events sent from a web browser or app, learn more here.
To test your server events using the Test Events tool:
- Go to Events Manager.
- Select your pixel in the Data Sources tab.
- Click Test Events.
- Find the Test Server Events section.
- Open your terminal or click on Graph API Explorer.
- Create a payload.
- Send the test ID that populates in the Test Events tool as a test_event_code parameter with your payload.
Your test events should show up in the Test Events tool within 30 seconds after you send a test event. If they don’t, make sure your payload is structured correctly. You can use the Payload Helper tool to check your setup. For more information about verifying that your server information is set up correctly, visit our Facebook for Developers site.
Test information remains in the Test Events tool for 24 hours or until you clear it by clicking Clear Activity.
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.