Common Support Topics
About Local Business Targeting
If you're promoting a local business, there are several ways you can target your ads to reach people who are most likely to respond to them.
The following targeting options are available for local business promotion through ad creation when you use the reach objective:
- Custom audiences and lookalike audiences – include/exclude current customers, or people like them.
- Location – choose a radius around an address between 1-50 miles in the US, or 1-70KM outside the US. You can choose to exclude people only traveling through.
- Age – choose an age range between 13–65 years old.
- Gender – choose between men, women or both genders.
- Language – useful if the area you're targeting is multi-lingual.
- Detailed targeting – choose demographics, interests or behaviors.
- Connection – include/exclude people who liked your Page, or engaged with you in some way.
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.