About Business Verification
Business verification confirms that a Business Manager account belongs to an actual business or organization.
In order to help them do this, Facebook may ask you to complete the business verification process. The process verifies your:
- Identity: An admin of the Business Manager account must verify their identity by uploading a photo of their government ID. Learn more about what types of IDs Facebook accepts. Note: We’ll only ask you to verify your identity if we couldn’t initially verify your business and you’re submitting your application for business verification again.Verifying your identity helps us to make sure Facebook is a safe place for everyone.
- Business is a legal entity: Your business should be properly registered with official local authorities and have an official business phone number or mailing address.
- Proof of access to your business: You must be able to receive a verification code sent to your business’s phone number or email address. Or, you can use the domain verification process to show proof of access to your business.
We may also require you to submit additional documentation such as a certificate of incorporation or a business license. See what types of official documents you can upload to verify your business.
Eligibility for business verification
Note your business may not be eligible for business verification. You won’t be able to click the Start Verification button unless your business needs access to certain features or you need to show people more information about your business. For example:
- Certain developer features: If you're a developer for a business and your app has been approved for certain APIs, you will receive an alert in your app dashboard inbox asking you to complete business verification. Learn more about App Review.
- Instant Games: All developers of Instant Games must also go through App Review and complete the business verification process. This ensures that only verified developers can distribute their games.
- News Page index: Publishers interested in registering their Page for consideration in the news Page index must first verify their business. Learn more about news Page index.
- WhatsApp Business: When you create a WhatsApp Business account, you’ll need to verify your business. Learn how to create a WhatsApp Business account.
- Page Transparency: In order to show who has claimed responsibility for your Page, you’ll need to verify your business first. If your business has a large US audience or runs ads about social issues, elections or politics in the US, we will require you to go through this extra step of verification. Learn more about the Page Transparency section on Facebook Pages in Page Settings. Note that you may not see this section unless your business has a large US audience, or it runs ads about social issues, elections or politics in the US.
- Agencies based in China: If you want to access accounts shared to your Business Manager, you need to complete Business Verification. Learn more about Business Verification for China Agencies.
Note: Business verification is different from blue badge verification, personal identity confirmation and the verified badge on Instagram. You won't receive a badge like the blue verification badge for business verification. Learn more about the blue verification badge. Once your verified organization has claimed responsibility for your Page, you can choose to show this status on your Page or hide it. If you choose to show who is responsible for your Page, you’ll see it on the Pages Transparency section. The benefits of showing who has claimed responsibility for your Page are that your Page will show up higher in Facebook search results, it helps us to protect your Page from impersonators, and it tells people that you’re a real business or organization.
MANAGEMENT TOOLS |
Facebook can help your large, medium or small business grow. Get the latest news for advertisers and more on our Facebook for Business Page.