Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Apple Inc. is registered with the United States Copyright Office as a Service Provider (refer to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 USC 512, or “DMCA”). If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes infringement on Apple’s Web site, please provide the information in the below copyright complaint web form.
To file a copyright infringement notification with us, you will need to submit via the below copyright complaint web form a notification of claimed infringement that includes the following (please consult your legal counsel or see Section 512(c)(3) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act to confirm these requirements):
- A physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit Apple to locate the material. Providing URLs for the location of the allegedly infringing material or activity is the best way to help us locate content quickly.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit Apple to contact you, the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which you may be contacted.
- A statement that you, the complaining party, have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification of claimed infringement is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you, the complaining party, are the copyright owner or authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
The fastest way for us to process your notification of claimed infringement is via the below online form. The slower method to reach our designated agent and for processing is to send a proper and complete notification of claimed infringement to the mailing address listed below.
Attn: Copyright Agent
One Apple Park Way
Cupertino, CA 95014
Apple has adopted a policy to disable and/or terminate in appropriate circumstances the accounts of users who are found to repeatedly infringe or are repeatedly charged with infringing the copyrights of others. As part of implementing such policy, Apple may in its sole discretion suspend, disable and/or terminate the accounts of users who have been identified as engaging in infringing activities or for other related reasons.