Explore the topics below to learn about features for families in Google Play.
Find family-friendly content
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Tap Games, Movies & TV, or Books.
- At the top, tap Family.
- In the Books section, select Children's Books.
Supervise your child’s account
- Automatically lock your child’s screen for bedtime.
- Block apps you don’t want your child to use.
- Set screen limits.
- Approve purchases and new apps that your child wants to download, and more.
Get Family Link
- Download Family Link.
- Add supervision to your child’s Google Account or create a Google Account for your child.
- Select your settings.
Ads in Family apps
Ads are expected to be consistent with the maturity rating of the app or game. Ad serving can change over time so you should check what types of ads are being shown from time to time.
If you see ads that aren't appropriate for the age group the app was designed for, report the ad to Google.
Use parental controls to restrict mature content
If you share your Android phone or tablet with others, including children, you can turn on parental controls to block downloads or purchases of content based on the content maturity level. You can choose different parental control settings for each type of content, and for each device.
Prevent accidental purchases with password protection
To help prevent accidental or unwanted purchases on your device, authentication is required before any purchases, including in-app purchases, are made from any apps available in the Family section, even if you don’t usually require one.
Use Google Play Family Library
You can share purchased apps, games, movies, TV shows, and books from Google Play with up to 5 other family members once you set-up Google Play Family Library.