Art Opportunities, Jobs, and Advice
**Rules: This group is for sharing VISUAL ART opportunities, jobs, and advice. Because of the very high numbers of requests to join the group, members will only be added if their FB profiles show their involvement in art. They will be accepted once a month.
- state the location of the opportunity or job (this group is international)
- include any location requirements or restrictions and any fees involved
- verify all links (URLs)
- opportunities for studio space
- opportunities for jobs in the arts
- opportunities for jobs that may help visual artists
- opportunities for awards for visual artists: grants, residencies, fellowships, etc.
- educational events, like workshops or seminars, that specifically offer artists opportunities, jobs, or advice
- requests for advice on visual-arts materials, techniques, methods, approaches
- requests for advice on business and career strategies and protocols in the art world, particularly for visual artists
Posts Not Allowed:
- general announcements for art exhibitions and events
- announcements that publicize or promote your or someone else’s art, website, exhibitions, performances, screenings, blogs, events, etc.
- requests for donations to crowd-funding campaigns, for votes in contests, for signatures on petitions, for FB page “likes”, or for participation in surveys
- announcements of unpaid internships. Any posted internship opportunity must state the compensation for the intern (e.g., studio space, stipend, transit expenses---“experience" is not sufficient).
If you have a business that offers services to artists, please share but clearly state your connection to that business.
If you are being harassed: Take a screenshot of the offending post; do not respond to it; flag any harassing comments to alert the administrators (Click the three dots at the top right of the post and select Report Post to Group Admins.)
If a post doesn't apply to this group, it will be deleted. If you do not follow the rules, you will be removed from the group. If you are unsure about anything, send a message to ask an administrator. Disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is essential. Members who display negativity or are deemed offensive will be removed from the group.