Millions of people use Signal every day for free and instantaneous communication anywhere in the world. Send and receive high-fidelity messages, participate in HD voice/video calls, and explore a growing set of new features that help you stay connected. Signal’s advanced privacy-preserving technology is always enabled, so you can focus on sharing the moments that matter with the people who matter to you.
• Say anything – State-of-the-art end-to-end encryption (powered by the open source Signal Protocol™) keeps your conversations secure. Privacy isn’t an optional mode — it’s just the way that Signal works. Every message, every call, every time.
• Go fast – Messages are delivered quickly and reliably, even on slow networks. Signal is optimized to operate in the most constrained environment possible.
• Feel free – Signal is a completely independent 501c3 nonprofit. Development is supported by users like you. No advertisements. No trackers. No kidding.
• Be yourself – You can use your existing phone number and address book to securely communicate with your friends.
• Speak up – Whether they live across town or across the ocean, Signal’s enhanced audio and video quality will make your friends and family feel closer.
• Whisper in the shadows – Switch to the dark theme if you refuse to see the light.
• Sound familiar – Choose custom alerts for each contact, or disable noises completely. Simon & Garfunkel wrote a hit song about it in 1964, and you can experience the sound of silence whenever you want by choosing “None” as your notification ringtone.
• Picture this – Use the built-in image editing features to sketch, crop, and flip your outgoing photos. There’s even a text tool so that you can add more words to the 1,000 that your picture is already worth.
For support, questions, or more information, please visit: https://support.signal.org
Source code: https://github.com/signalapp
Follow us on Twitter (@signalapp) and Instagram (@signal_app) for all of the latest updates and announcements.
Feb 7, 2023
Safety starts with understanding how developers collect and share your data. Data privacy and security practices may vary based on your use, region, and age. The developer provided this information and may update it over time.
If you don't update the app, the pin does not work, and the application gets on a loop for bad pin or error connecting to service without giving a notice that the app needs to be updated. Even if someone resets the pin, the new one is not accepted because of the same loop. So you have to become twice frustrated before you either uninstall and install the app or just update it. Anyway, I already lost all my previous messages and groups. Thank you.
144 people found this review helpful
January 26, 2023
Much better than all the other messengers. A lot more secure and really appreciate it allowing to download stickers. One major problem is sometimes, after I sent a message, it takes a while before it's sent. Weirdly enough, I could close the app and open it back up and then it would be sent. If I don't, it takes a lot longer. Sometimes something I sent takes 10 minutes ish to even be sent out. Not my wifi problem just to clarify.
228 people found this review helpful
January 27, 2023
Signal has been an excellent tool until recently, and I've been able to get several others to use it. However, their announcement that they are dropping SMS support is a deal breaker. I can't flip between multiple apps for messaging. Once the change has been made, I'll have to uninstall it. Most of the folks I know who use it plan to do the same. It's cross-platform functionality is what has made it such a versatile and functional app, and an "easy sell" to other potental users.
457 people found this review helpful
★ We improved the way that information about incoming, outgoing, and missed calls is displayed and synchronized across linked devices. Now you can make the right call about all of the calls you didn't answer in time.