Collectes de fonds associées
Cancer has affected so many people I know and love that it’s inspired me to join Relay For Life. This fundraiser is a community-based event, which means no two Relays are the same, but they all support the American Cancer Society’s mission.
Funds raised support cancer patient programs and groundbreaking research that can help save lives. This event also celebrates over 15.5 million cancer survivors nationwide. 15.5 MILLION. That’s huge. That’s why I’d love your support. Will you walk with me? And if you can’t would you be so kind as to make a donation?
Le cancer a affecté tellement de personnes que je connais et que j'aime qu'il m'a inspiré à rejoindre Relay For Life. Cette collecte de fonds est un événement communautaire, ce qui signifie que les deux Relais ne sont pas les mêmes, mais ils soutiennent tous la mission de la Société américaine du cancer.
Les fonds collectés soutiennent les programmes de patients atteints du cancer et la recherche révolutionnaire qui peut aider à sauver des Cet événement célèbre également plus de 15.5 millions de survivants du cancer dans tout le pays. 15.5 MILLIONS. C ' est énorme. C ' est pourquoi j'aimerais votre soutien. Veux-tu marcher avec moi ? Et si vous ne pouvez pas, auriez-vous l'amabilité de faire un don ?
This year for my birthday I am asking for donations to the American Cancer Society through my Relay for Life Fundraiser (team Fudge Cancer!!!). For those who wonder "where the money goes":
- $0.76 of every dollar goes to programs and research
*$4.9 billion dollars total in grants, $9 million in grants currently in Washington state alone!!
*49 ACS funded researchers are Nobel prize recipients…
*In 2018 inThurston county ACS provided 350 rides to treatment, 68 overnight stays so patients could be closer to treatment, and 100 wigs (I wore a wig, they're expensive and yet make you feel more "normal".)
- the $0.24 pays the salaries and benefits of 4,000 employees Nationwide, but there is only ONE paid employee in Thurston county (and she's AMAZING). ACS also has 2.5 MILLION VOLUNTEERS who are the most important players in everything ACS does. (Just ask Amanda who volunteered 100's of hours to pull off the relay for Life event last year and again this year.)
I believe research is the only way we ever beat cancer. ACS leads the way in research. This isn't just an organization I happened upon. It's one I believe in with all my heart and one I know I can rely on as I continue into my 5th year of remission with Stage IV breast cancer.
Your $1, $5, $20 donation means the world to me and to cancer fighters and survivors across the world. Thank you!!!! 🎗️
• We’re supporting patients with free lodging near hospitals, free rides to treatment, and our live 24/7 cancer helpline.
• We’re providing information, tools and services to help people cope with the challenges and questions that come with a cancer diagnosis.
• We’re making breakthroughs in research and urging lawmakers to improve access to care.
When it comes to cancer, we are the only organization attacking from every angle.