A tasteful launch
Local gourmet ready-to-eat food service uses granular geo-targeting to find new customers when entering a new market, generating 70% of new leads through Facebook pre-launch.
- 40% of referral traffic comes from Facebook
- 70% of new leads came from Facebook when Munchery launched in Seattle
- 10X greater click-through rates compared to other channels
A fresh take on dinner
Munchery is a food delivery startup founded in 2010. Based on a daily rotating menu that uses only fresh, local ingredients, it began by serving the San Francisco and Berkeley markets in California, expanding to Seattle in July 2014.
Setting the table in Seattle
Since the company started, Munchery has used Facebook to stay top-of-mind with current clients. Recently, the company’s Facebook advertising goal has shifted to find new clients in all of its markets.
Facebook is a key platform for us to enter into new markets and find strong lifetime customers, because our business is very geo-restricted. We can target certain zip codes, and provide relevant content based on peoples’ locations. Facebook now accounts for up to 40% of our overall traffic.
Rei-Ling Dulebohn, Senior Marketing Manager, Munchery
Winning a new market
Facebook proved to be the perfect recipe to reach Seattle residents. When the service launched, an amazing 70% of new leads came from Munchery’s Facebook marketing.
Across all of Munchery’s channels and target areas, Facebook continues to deliver 30–40% of referral traffic. In addition:
- 70% of new leads came from Facebook when Munchery launched in Seattle (July 2014)
- 3X–10X greater click through rates compared to other channels (January–December 2014)