Logic Pro is the most advanced version of Logic ever. Sophisticated creative tools for professional songwriting, beat-making, editing and mixing are built around a modern interface that’s designed to get results quickly and also deliver more power whenever it’s needed. Logic Pro includes a massive collection of instruments, effects, loops and samples, providing a complete toolkit to create amazing-sounding music.
Professional Music Production
• Record and edit MIDI or audio using a comprehensive set of editors and tools
• Keep takes organised with take folders and build comps quickly with Quick Swipe Comping
• Track Alternatives let you create and switch between different playlists of regions and edits on a track
• Fix out-of-tune vocals and change the melodies of recorded audio with Flex Pitch
• Manipulate the timing and tempo of any recording with ease using Flex Time
• Use Smart Tempo to import audio and have it automatically conform to your project BPM
• Comprehensive mix and plug-in parameter automation can be part of a region or track
• Perform and mix from anywhere in the room using Logic Remote on iPad or iPhone
• Produce simple lead sheets or orchestral scores with built-in Score editor
Drum Production and Beat-Making
• Use Drum Machine Designer to build and perform your own custom kits
• Program beats, bass lines and melodic parts using Step Sequencer
• Create authentic acoustic, electronic or hip-hop drum tracks using Drummer, a virtual session player and beat producer
• Choose between 33 distinct drummers that can take your direction and perform millions of unique grooves
• Use Sampler to quickly create and edit sophisticated multi-sampled instruments
• Import a single audio file or record directly into Quick Sampler to instantly build a playable instrument
Keyboards and Synths
• Get inspired by collection of synths that provide analog, wavetable, FM, additive, granular, spectral and modelling synthesis
• Quickly find sounds or create unique new ones with Alchemy, a powerful sample manipulation synthesizer
• Instantly turn a simple chord into a rich performance with the Arpeggiator
• Transform simple ideas into elaborate performances using nine MIDI plug-ins
• Play faithful models of classic organs, keyboards and vintage synths
Guitar and Bass Gear
• Build your own guitar or bass rig with Amp Designer using vintage and modern amps, cabinets and mics
• Design a custom Pedalboard from a collection of delay, distortion and modulation stompboxes
Creative and Production Effects
• Access a professional collection of vintage and modern delays, EQs and compressors
• Play your sounds through a variety of realistic acoustic spaces or creative synthesised reverbs
• Add movement to your tracks with a variety of modulation effects
• Over 4,300 instrument and effect patches
• 1,800 meticulously sampled instruments
• More than 10,000 Apple Loops in a wide range of genres
• Expand your instrument and effects library with third-party Audio Units-compatible plug-ins
• Share to GarageBand option allows you to remotely add new tracks to your Logic project from your iPhone or iPad via iCloud
• Import and export XML to support Final Cut Pro workflows
• Export and share your songs directly to SoundCloud
• Open projects from Logic 5 or later
6GB available storage space for minimum install / 72GB storage space for full Sound Library installation
This update contains stability improvements and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Everybody Raves about ProTools, But think of the benifits of using Logic Pro; it's just as powerful and easy to use while producing the same quality audio for a once off payment (with the option to buy aftermarket plug-ins etc.)
as an independent musician, my whole plan is to everything myself, "independently."
People will tell you to get pro tools because it's universal and all the studios use it, but as a musician myself let me safely say Logic Pro is the way to go!
I've been working on Logic Pro X since 2013 and the best thing is there have been steady updates since Logic Pro X came out and I have not had to pay for the software update since. That's amazing.. You won't get that with D.A.W's like Pro Tools, Studio One, Cubase, Reason or Abelton....
The UI is amazing, the shortcuts are intuitive and the workflow is easy to adpat to (I was an AVID Pro Tools user but have since made the transition to Logic and I don't think I'll be going back)
Logic has been great for a while now (amazing UI and workflow), so its lovely to see that Apple is still commited to improving it - as it gets regular updates every few months apart and they add new and useful features semi-regularly on top of an already feature packed program.
Worth the money if you will stay in Apple's Ecosystem for the forseeable future.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 1.1 GB
- Requires macOS 10.15.7 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2004-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.