Redesigned from the ground up, Final Cut Pro combines revolutionary video editing with powerful media organization and incredible performance to let you create at the speed of thought.
Revolutionary Video Editing
• The Magnetic Timeline uses advanced metadata for faster, easier editing
• Enhanced Timeline Index lets you drag and drop audio roles to rearrange the layout of your timeline
• Use Clip Connections to attach B-roll, sound effects, and music to the timeline
• Reduce clutter by grouping clips into a Compound Clip
• Edit multicamera projects with automatic syncing and support for up to 64 camera angles
• Automatically transform projects for square or vertical delivery with Smart Conform
• Import and edit 360° equirectangular video in a wide range of formats and frame sizes
• Create, edit, and deliver closed captions from within Final Cut Pro
• Extend the capabilities of Final Cut Pro with third-party workflow extensions
Powerful Media Organization
• Organize your work within libraries for efficient media management and collaboration
• Create proxy copies of your media for portability and performance
• Content Auto-Analysis captures camera metadata and analyzes shots in the background
• Create and apply custom keywords or favorites on the fly as you select clip ranges
• Smart Collections dynamically organize content for you to quickly find any shot in a few clicks
• Improved performance and efficiency on Mac computers with Apple silicon
• Harness the power of the Mac Pro and Afterburner for realtime 8K editing
• Modern Metal engine improves playback, rendering, and compositing on all Macs
• Final Cut Pro uses all the GPUs in your Mac for superior real-time playback performance and fast background rendering
• Work with a broad range of formats including ProRes, RED, XAVC, AVCHD, Avid DNxHR®, Avid DNxHD®, H.264, HEVC, and more
Compelling, Customizable Effects
• Beautifully animated, easily customizable 2D and 3D titles
• Change the look of titles, transitions, and effects using intuitive controls
• Choose from an ecosystem of third-party FxPlug plug-ins with custom interfaces
Integrated Audio Editing
• Assign roles — including dialogue, music, effects, and custom choices — during import to easily track and organize your project
• Expand and edit multichannel audio files directly in the timeline
• Sync video with separate audio in a single step with instant audio waveform matching
Intuitive Color Grading
• Import, edit, and deliver video in standard color spaces, or in wide Rec. 2020 color space
• Use Pro Display XDR to accurately view HDR video
• Powerful color wheels and curves for precise adjustments with keying and masks
One-Step, Optimized Output
• Incredibly fast export for playback on Apple devices
• Export a video optimized for YouTube, Facebook, and other popular video destinations
• Export audio stems and multiple versions of a finished video using roles metadata
• Import and export XML for third-party workflows like color grading and sound mixing
System Requirements: macOS 10.15.6 or later, 4GB of RAM (8GB recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing), Metal-capable graphics card, 1GB of VRAM recommended for 4K editing, 3D titles, and 360° video editing, 3.8GB of available disk space.
Some features require Internet access; fees may apply. Blu-ray recorder required for burning Blu-ray discs.
• Improves stability when exporting with certain macOS Language & Region preferences
• Improves stability when playing H.264 or HEVC media
Ratings and Reviews
This is the only one
I run a IMac mini 2014.
In the last 3 months I have trialed / tried the the other products that cost less than half of FCPX and worked with the free version of DaVinci. I have worked on FCPX trial version for 33 days almost every day. I have no problem spending the money. Great product. Features / Animarion / Render option flexibility / Coloring - and best of all - no stutter/ glitching with mutiple effects, audio and graphics layered on clips when working. Smooth.
Only Issue is the Imac mini gets a bit warm.
FCPX is Awesome!!
As an old FCP7 Trainer, I cried actual tears when FCPX first came out. It was bad... but now!!!!
It's insane!! Love It!!, just please can we have export to aaf/omf for people other than apple users
This single reason looses you lots of Users, so if you want FCPX to be the most used NLE, then just add some industry features like eport to aaf/omf
Requesting a refund
I bought Final Cut Pro X (one day ago) in order to get better performance from my Mac and because of caution to prevent my system from getting damaged, since I was using Davinci Resolve 16 Free wich limits you to one gpu. But when I compared FCPX with Davince while rendering the same project (27 min time duration) with the same colour grading and audio fx, FCP was only one minute faster, and 40% more taxing on the CPU, while it had better GPU performance. Though final Cut Pro may be a fine NLE, it is not worth paying 4999 ZAR if I can work with Davinci for free. Please, can I request a refund.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 3.1 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15.6 or later.
English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.