SimpleMind - Mind Mapping 4+
Capture your ideas and notes
xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- Offers In-App Purchases
Mind mapping helps you organize your thoughts, remember information and generate new ideas. We've created a beautiful, intuitive app, so you can mind map wherever you are and whenever you want.
• Everything you need to get started with mind mapping.
• No ads.
• No data collection.
• No need to sign up for an account.
• Upgrade to full functionality is a one-time single purchase.
• Easy to use.
• Continuously fine-tuned based on customer feedback.
• Trustworthy and reliable: 14+ years of updates and improvements.
• Used in a wide range of applications: business, education, legal and medical.
• Tools to help you maintain overview.
○ place topics anywhere you want in the free-form layout
○ or use auto layout - great for brainstorming
○ reorganize and restructure using drag, rotate, re-arrange or reconnect
○ use checkboxes, progress bars, auto-numbering
○ connect any two topics with a crosslink
○ label relations
○ virtually unlimited page size and number of elements
○ supports multiple Mind Maps on one page
Add media and documents
○ images and photos
○ icons (stock, emojis or custom)
○ link to a topic, mind map, contact, file or webpage
○ voice memos
Seamless synchronization using clouds
○ sync mind maps with your iPads and iPhones
○ sync mind maps across platforms. For example with Mac - as a separate purchase
○ sync using iCloud, Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, 坚果云 - Nutstore and Nextcloud
Share your Mind Map
○ for example as PDF or Image
○ outline, can be imported in word processors
○ create a slideshow to present your Mind Map (Tablet only)
○ export to Reminders or Calendar
Style your mind map
○ change the appearance by selecting one of the 15+ style sheets
○ create your own style sheets
○ style every detail, exactly how you want it
○ change borders, lines, colors, background color, the checkbox color, and much more
○ collapse and expand branches
○ hide or show branches or topics
○ block out distractions with autofocus
○ highlight branches by displaying branch borders
○ visually group topics with group borders
○ organize your Mind Maps in folders
○ outline view
• Images can be cropped to a shape: circle, rounded etc.
• Add multiple cross-links between any two topics.
• Exchange with ChatGPT using Copy & Paste
• Creating a new Mind Map on iCloud Drive lets you input the file name.
• Full text search on iCloud Drive supported.
• Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent, except for cross platform business model
I spent years evaluating brain storming and mind mapping apps, including those from iThoughts and the actual inventor of the concept, Tony Buzan. However, only SimpleMind ticks all the boxes, in particular when it comes to clean effective UX design and features.
HOWEVER, there is one glaring issue, and that is you have to purchase a license for each platform, and of course, syncing between devices is therefore fiddly. I’m not sure who even develop SimpleMind, because a Google search leads to confusing results, but it is my suggestion ‘Entity X’ follow what Shapr3D, Adobe etc have done and make the app cross platform (NO SUBSCRIPTIONS PLEASE OR YOU WILL LOSE US AS A CuSTOMER IMMEDIATELY!) and allow the user to choose where files are synced. IE, via Entity X OR 3rd party, such as iCloud, Google Drive, DropBox etc.
Do this and 5 stars! Thank you!
Brilliant, but with a glaring oversight
Brilliant mind-map software. In fact, it’s the best one I’ve found with all the features I wanted. There’s a small learning curve, but once you figure things out, it’s very easy to use.
My one gripe is the save features. Why is there no ability to save to iCloud? All iOS apps have this ability now, and surely it wouldn’t be too hard to add it.
Well, okay, I have a Dropbox, so it’s not a deal breaker. I save to there instead. But then, why is there no autosave feature?
This is a very common feature these days, and I think every other app I use now has it. If you don’t manually remember to save and synchronise your work, you lose it all. So, if you forget, or if the app force closes, or there’s a problem with your tablet or phone, you will lose your work. I’m not particularly lazy, and I don’t mind having to manually press the save the button every five minutes—no matter how annoying I find it—but this lack of provision for possible problems and unforeseen events is why I have given this app 3 stars, even though I love it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback.
SimpleMind synchronises mind maps automatically on built-in clouds like Dropbox. If you close SimpleMind, all changes will be synced. It is true that is your complete tablet stops working this may mean some changes have not been synced yet.
Please know that 1.23 you are now able to use Files. And because of that iCloud Drive. See https://simplemind.eu/faq/#!/ipadiphone/use-any-cloud-via-files/. If you have any questions, please contact our support.
Very useful app!
I've used a few different mind mapping tools over the years, each having it's own USP, but overall this is the easiest to use. I never have to think about how to use it which just allows me to quickly map out and organise my thoughts. I tend to create an central index map that links to all my other maps, as creating links to other maps (and files, folders & websites) is so easy. I use both the iPad and Windows desktop version storing the maps on Dropbox. As others have said, it keeps improving through regular updates and the developers are responsive and helpful.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- xpt Software & Consulting B.V.
- 31.6 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2023 SimpleApps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Pro Functionality £9.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.