Share lessons & view progress
Schoolwork is an iPad app that helps teachers both save time and maximise each student’s potential. With Schoolwork, it’s easy to share class materials, get students to a specific activity in an app, collaborate with students and view student progress.
Teachers can easily create and send out a class announcement, a study reminder or an assignment. They then get progress information on how their students are doing on their assignments, making it easier for them to individualise instruction based on student needs.
Students get one central place to see assignments, submit work and view their own progress.
Share anything with Schoolwork
• Easily create and share a homework assignment, study reminder or class announcement with students
• Add PDFs, documents, web links, photos, videos or even links to specific activities within an app
Assign specific activities within an app
• With apps optimised for Schoolwork, you can review an app’s list of assignable activities, then easily assign one or more to a class or student
• With a single tap, students are brought directly to the assigned activity within the app
• For activities you assign in Schoolwork, you’ll be able to view student progress, including quiz scores, points earned and time spent
Keep students focused and organised
• Students have one place to go to see their announcements and assignments
• Students can see what they have due this week across all their classes
• In Pages, Keynote and Numbers, and other supported apps, students can submit homework from within the app
Collaborate and give real-time feedback
• Easily collaborate with individual students or with the entire class in just a few taps
• Add comments to students’ work while they’re working on an assignment
• Use Apple Pencil or your finger to mark up documents, PDFs, photos and more
• See a holistic view of a student’s progress, including submitted work and progress in apps, all in one place
• Use student progress to find students who might need an extra challenge or extra support
Get started easily
• Your existing classes in Apple School Manager automatically show up in Schoolwork
• Easily create new classes yourself from within Schoolwork
In order for teachers to view student progress on activities they assign in Schoolwork, schools are required to enable the Student Progress feature in Apple School Manager. Student progress is only reported for teacher-assigned activities that students complete while using a school-provided Managed Apple ID. All student progress data is encrypted in transit and at rest. If a school does not opt in, teachers and students can still use Schoolwork without this feature.
In order to provide and improve Schoolwork, Apple collects non-personally identifiable data about how users interact with the app.
This update includes performance, stability and usability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Everyone Can Collaborate with Schoolwork
Schoolwork makes it super easy for our staff to share class materials, set learners on a specific activity in an app and collaborate on shared files. The speed in which collaboration can be set up within a class or group is fantastic and is truly transforming teaching and learning within our school. We have learners collaborating with the entire class in Pages, Keynote, and Numbers; assessing each others work by adding comments and sound recordings to offer peer to peer, real-time feedback. We also use the Drawing and Smart Annotation features in Pages and Keynote to create collaborative artwork which can be seen by the entire group in real-time.
The app needs to be configured by IT within your school/ institution so do investigate the the requirements and setup before you download. However, once you are set and good to go you won’t look back. This app will only get better as more 3rd party apps adopt ClassKit and Apple develop/add features in future versions. This app is the future of student learning with Apple devices. Highly recommended!!!
Excellent App that has changed the way we work with children.
This app has changed the way we work with pupils in our school. Being able to collaborate in live time with children and sharing work quickly and effectively when devices are not at school has changed the way children learn.
The dashboard is easy to navigate and provides clear deadlines for children and teachers.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 189.9 MB
- Requires iPadOS 16.4 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple, Inc.