Browse, edit and share your picture-perfect moments. Photos is the home of all your amazing photos and videos, and it's smart and personal, with intelligent features that help you find, enjoy and share your best shots.
Browse and organise your library
• In the Library tab, the All Photos view displays your photos and videos in an interactive zoomable grid, and Days, Months and Years views curate your best moments, removing clutter and bringing your library to life with animated video playback
• The Albums tab lets you organise your photos just how you want
• People and Places albums let you browse your photos by who's in them and where they were taken
• Media Types automatically organise your photos into helpful albums like Videos, Portrait mode, Screenshots and more
• The duplicates album helps you clean up your library by merging duplicate photos
Relive your memories and more in For You
• The For You tab contains Memories, Shared Album activity, Sharing Suggestions, and the best moments from your library in Featured Photos
• Memories uses on-device intelligence to find trips, holidays, people, pets and more in your collection, and presents them as movies paced to music, including intelligent song suggestions from Apple Music for Apple Music subscribers
Find just what you're looking for with powerful Search
• On-device machine learning analyses your photos so you can search for people, places, dates, events, and even objects and scenes like basketball, birthday cake or beach
• Intelligent search suggestions show important events, people, places and dates even before you type in the search bar
Perfect your photos using sophisticated yet easy-to-use tools in Edit
• Fine‑tune your photos and videos with powerful tools like auto enhance, highlights, shadows, vibrance and definition, and apply edits to another image or to a batch
• Nearly every tool and effect available for photos can also be used on videos, including rotate, crop and auto enhance
• Adjust keyframes in Live Photos and add fun effects
Share with friends and family
• Share to Messages, Mail and third-party apps direct from Photos
• Share photos seamlessly with up to five other family members with iCloud Shared Photo Library
• Use Shared Albums to share photos and videos with just the people you choose
• iCloud Links let you send a set of photos and videos with a link that can be viewed on any platform, in any browser
Keep your library safe and up to date with iCloud Photos
• Store your photos and videos safely in iCloud and access them from any device at any time, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Mac, on iCloud.com, or even on a PC
• Your library stays up to date across all your devices
Keep your photos private
• Photos protects your privacy by using on-device intelligence to analyse your photos and videos
• Face recognition, scene detection, object detection and more are all done completely on your device
• The Hidden and Recently Deleted albums are locked by default and can be unlocked using your device’s authentication method
Use the Photos app on Apple Watch to access your favourite photos on your wrist
• View and manage your Memories, Featured Photos or an album you've synced to your Apple Watch
• Relive your favourite moments with highlights from Memories
• Watch your Live Photo come to life on your wrist
• Create a Photos or Portraits watch face
• Share a photo from your library with someone from your contacts
Ratings and Reviews
Unless I’m being dim there isn’t a way to delete entire folders of photos/videos, either by a ‘ select all’ option or by being able to drag and drop into the deleted items folder. It’s a reeeeeeally slow process to select each picture and delete it. Other than that It is a brilliant app, intuitive and very easy to use.
A few improvements
This app is so great I couldn’t give it anything less than five stars, but I do have some issues.
First up, though, I would just like to emphasise my love of the new updates in recent times! Now when you adjust the date and time of photos, they change position in the camera roll so you don’t have to find the old date when looking for them, and the new memory videos are very seamless and well-crafted.
However, many a time, I have found that when I play a video, the automatic mute function that was added a few years back gets in the way. I get that it’s supposed to be a helpful feature, and I’m not saying get rid of it, but it would be useful if you could turn it off in Settings if you find it inconvenient.
Also, since I got my phone I’ve had the issue that the memory videos are only created if at least one video was shot on that particular day. Sometimes, there are over forty images taken that day and it doesn’t create a video! Please fix this.
Thanks, that’s all for now! It really is a great app!
Used to swear by apple phots and edits
Now it’s a pile of crap in comparison , after 2 years of Samsung photos to come back to apple is like going back 4 years in high school, I don’t know why they have changed it so much it used to be far far better, the only cool feature is background removal and there’s so many steps to that it’s not like it’s easy one click job done, and on my iPad, it totally freezes ( brand new 3 week old latest iPad 256 gig iPad Pro) freezes just doin an edit on a basic photo, never had these issues before with iPhone in apple iPhone 8 Plus, or iPhone XS Max or any other iPads but iPhone 13 Pro Max and new iPad both running new iOS 16.1.1 is just a bloody nightmare, I’m sorry to say I miss my Samsung for photo capability and edits, apple you have a lot to learn from them still!!!! I’m actually shocked by how behind apple is and this is just both standard photo apps
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Apple Inc.