Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, CVs, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, tables, charts and shapes. You can even draw and annotate using Apple Pencil (on supported devices) or your finger. Pages has been designed exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Draw and annotate using Apple Pencil or your finger
• Easily add drawings with pen, pencil, crayon and fill tools, then animate them and watch them come to life
• Use Smart Annotation to add comments and marks that stay anchored to their associated text
• Convert your handwritten words to typed text with Scribble and Apple Pencil
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — even on a PC
• Share your document publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the document with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Create beautiful documents
• Use Screen View on iPhone to automatically display text, images and other elements optimised to fit your screen
• Choose from over 90 Apple-designed templates
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create page templates to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view character, word and paragraph counts
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Use presenter mode to easily read and auto-scroll text while giving a speech
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at iCloud.com
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies and two-sided printing
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
- Use mail merge to quickly create personalised letters, cards and envelopes for multiple recipients
- Select from stylish new templates for event invitations and student certificates
- Export your Pages documents as TXT files
Ratings and Reviews
Great app but requires improvement
Pages is by far the best app I’ve ever used to create all my documents. Not only is it free unlike so many others but it’s also very user-friendly and comes with stunning designs. I use pages for all my college work.
However my only issue with pages is that sometimes it can glitch. Last night I found that an essay that was almost finished and I’ve spent hours working on has mysteriously disappeared from my MacBook. I did save it to my desktop the night before and double checked to make sure it was saved as it does go towards my final grade. Yet even after all that it was missing when I came back to work on it. Luckily I did have my documents backed up in iCloud and I did end up finding it on my iPad. But this was incredibly frustrating nonetheless. Having researched into this issue it’s clear that other people are also having this problem. It’s very disappointing to see an app that is so great and has so much potential fail at being reliable in keeping your work safe. I do hope Apple fixes this issue. In the meantime I would recommend for anyone using pages to back up your work onto an external hard drive to make sure that it doesn’t get mysteriously deleted. I know that’s what I’ll be doing.
Full of bugs and glitches since the last update
I have been happily using this app for years, but the latest iPad version is a constant pain.
The first issue is that all the pages docs stored on my iPad were wiped on updating and only docs saved in cloud storage were usable. I have no idea why this happened so I tried restoring them from a back up on my MacBook and still they wouldn’t open. The app just kept freezing. I finally gave up and deleted and reinstalled Pages hoping this would fix the issue.
It did allow me to access cloud storage in Dropbox, etc but still keeps freezing or crashing completely and now has a number of conflicted versions of the same document which you then have to start working out how to manage - in 30 mins, I managed to acquire 13 different versions of the same document on both the iPad and in Dropbox! This means having to go through and delete the majority. Not sure if working through google docs or similar is proving as frustrating.
It’s great for apps to work alongside cloud storage, but only if access to the documents is consistently good, without that, the glitches make it pretty worthless as a way of working and if I had lost anything really important, I would have been very angry. I’m lucky I keep back ups. If you use pages on iPad at the moment, make sure you have back ups of anything really important or you risk losing it. The last freeze once again stole all the docs on the iPad itself so nothing appeared in the menu.
Slowly but surely it’s getting there
Had I written a review on pages 5 years ago I wouldn’t even give it one star. The app was glitchy, there were almost no templates, it couldn’t compare to word or other document apps in anywhere near the same way. However since buying an iPad one year ago I have started to use pages again and I am delighted to see how much apple have improved this app. The ability to download documents in a variety of formats, add bookmarks to text, share documents with other and insert even voice recordings to documents. The possibilities are endless, I am astounded. It’s so user friendly now and whilst still remaining simple, compared to some other note taking apps, I feel they have come a very long way. Adding a few more updated templates and new features would really make this app 10/10, truly rivalling other similar apps such as word or google docs. It can only get better and I think more people should consider using it before turning to paid apps, but maybe their bad reputation precedes them.…
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 505.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2022 Apple Inc.