Create gorgeous spreadsheets with Numbers for Mac. Get started with one of many Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. As soon as you start typing a formula, you’ll get instant suggestions and built-in help for the over 250 powerful functions. Animate your data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Automatically format cells based on numbers, text, dates and durations with new conditional highlighting. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Simplified toolbar gives you quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts and sharing options
• The new Format Panel automatically updates based on selection
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
• Import and edit Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID on supported Macs
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Create great-looking tables with enhanced cell border styling tools
• Use gorgeous preset styles to make your text, tables, shapes and images look beautiful
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Get live formula results, error checking, exact value and cell format with the new smart cell view
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Add your favourite functions to Quick Calculations for instant results
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
Share your work
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Link to web pages, email addresses and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings or text boxes
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty, but now useless for any form of analysis
One thing Excel does, but badly is pivot tables. Numbers doesn’t and never did. But that was ok becasue you could use Categories in a really elegant simple way to do all of the analysis I would ever want to do of my company’s sales and activity data. Then I could put it in really nice charts amd produce elegant reports for my board that kept us on top of things.
Then, with High Sierra, Apple took all that away and left me with the most basic spreadsheet functionality immaginable. I now I’m stuck with it! 😭😭
Why on earth did you do this Apple? Simplicity, elegance and consistency was your USP and now I have to go and rewrite everything in Excel. 😡😡
Numbers is a lot easier to use than any other similar apps and has alot going for it like drag and drop to sum and other quick features plus also feels quicker when working on larger spreadsheets.
The only things I would change would be
1. have more control over user sharing, I would love to be able give access to multiple users as you can at the moment but then control specific access to rows and columns so you just share the cells you want and maintain control over the others.
2. A better category / filter control so you can easily filter or find specific sets of data and do something with that data think a mix between pivot tables in excel and filters in numbers plus a quick way to create charts with that data.
3. Quicker way to search and find the exact formula you want maybe have some kind of AI that learns how you use your data and then finds a formula for that data quickly.
4. More templates or a template store.
5. If you have a lot of conditional formats have a way to speed up large spreadsheets with a mass of conditional formats or maybe create a new way of doing conditional formats for entire columns or rows.
Cell formating now messed up
Bugs, bugs, bugs.
Cells formating now automatically changed columns that had just numbers and replaced them all into a currency and when attempting to correct them within cell format the new version prevents this and automatically rejects any correction. Previous version worked fine but as a daily professional user of these spreadsheets they are now in a mess. Needs fxing asap.
Also, although I’ve mentioned this before in feedback requests, please Apple can you strongly consider the ability to protect individual cells as per excel rather than expecting users to create a lengthy, messy process of cluttered locked tables to prevent cell formulas and accidental deletion errors (especially for when sharing with users who use the sheets but are unaware of the complex formula written for them).
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 260.9 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2021 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.