Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device. Created exclusively for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, Numbers includes support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom so you can create powerful spreadsheets using just your fingers.
Start with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices, or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Touch and drag your finger to reorder columns and rows and to resize tables. Double-tap a cell to bring up the intelligent keyboard that helps you enter text, formulas, dates and times, or duration. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. And with an all-new calculation engine, Numbers is faster than ever before.
With iCloud built in, your spreadsheets are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone or iPod touch — even on a PC using Numbers for iCloud.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time
• Collaboration is built in to Numbers on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
• PC users can collaborate too, using Numbers for iCloud
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Double-tap a cell to access the intelligent keyboard to add text, formulas, dates and times, and more
• New action menu keeps most common tasks one tap away
• Reorder columns and rows, and resize tables, with a touch and a drag
• Quickly open password-protected spreadsheets using Touch ID or Face ID on supported devices
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Update tables, charts, text and images using beautiful preset styles
• Use doughnut charts to visualise data in an engaging new way
• Add an interactive image gallery to view a collection of photos
• Insert photos and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions
• Get built-in help and sample formulas for each function
• Use Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Sort columns in ascending or descending order
• Hide or unhide rows and columns
• Turn filters on and off in imported spreadsheets
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts
• Animate data with new interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your spreadsheets from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Numbers for iCloud
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheets as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use “Open in Another App” to copy spreadsheets to apps such as Dropbox
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
• Link to web pages, email addresses and phone numbers from objects such as shapes, lines, images, drawings or text boxes
• Teachers using the Schoolwork app to assign activities in Numbers can now view student progress, such as time spent
• Support for collaborating on forms in shared spreadsheets
Ratings and Reviews
Great app until ......
I was really enjoying this app, although a bit clunky in certain areas I was getting used to it, so much so that i converted some excel files I had over. All was well until I came to print it and noticed the header had an old date on it, so I thought it would be easy to change the header. There is nowhere in the app that allows me to change the header. After reading on the web apparently that’s one thing you cant do on the IPad version. To my simple mind that appears to be one of the easier functionalities that could have been included. Looks like its back to excel.
If you’re not already familiar with Excel, invest time in learning Numbers instead.
As a data scientist, I usually rely on tableau / R / python in order to get the results I need. Recently my MacBook was out of action and with a creeping deadline I needed to get some results done quickly.
Thankfully it was pretty basic stuff, but doing it in excel for iPad turned out to DOOM-esque nightmare, with macros and unwanted functions coming out the walls, and weird esoteric quirks that have been embedded in the user base since the early 90s that are just accepted as being “the right way”.
I am sure that excel is a fantastic application if you’re familiar with the desktop versions, but I have managed to avoid it altogether in my career so far. With only 8 hours left from my deadline, I thought I’d give the data another crack in numbers. What can I say, everything is laid out in such a sane way with the same functionality.
It appears that the apple guys really do still care about intuitive app design! I managed to get up to grips and bash the data into shape in less than 1 hour (I’d been struggling with excel for 3 hours that morning). Whilst it may be true that in terms of raw speed excel is faster, I found that for my needs - a relative spreadsheet noob - I was able to get the results I wanted very quickly.
TL,DR; if you already know excel, get excel. If you don’t - get Numbers instead and save yourself the headaches and steep learning curve.
Numbers is really rather good, it is excellent on a Mac. The iOS version has the functionality but inevitably it is going to be harder to use on an iPhone than on a laptop or desktop.
The iPad version presents you with an unfamiliar interface compared to a desktop spreadsheet but once you take time to learn how to use it, it’s great.
I missed the categories feature of the prior Mac versions which were a brilliant alternative to pivot tables, whilst that has not returned the improved sort functions are very versatile and easy to use.
Whilst I have large financial models using multi cell array formulas in Excel, I have found that with a bit of thought and digging deep the function set on Numbers is very powerful indeed.
Numbers has the feature of multiple tables per sheet as it’s normal method of operation and it’s integration with the Mac world means that I have moved all my financial modelling to numbers and it’s good and I find easier to use and can display information in a clearer fashion.
There is little that Numbers cannot do if you dig deep into the function set and use a little imagination, accordingly I will let office 365 go when the current annual subscription dies.
I am confident that we will see further improvements in functionality that keep its inherent simplicity and accessibility to newcomers and then I will give five stars !
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 525.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2021 Apple Inc.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.