Create impressive spreadsheets
Numbers is the most innovative spreadsheet app ever designed for a mobile device.
Get started with one of over 30 Apple-designed templates for your home budget, checklist, invoice, mortgage calculator and more. Choose from over 250 powerful functions. Draw and write with Apple Pencil on supported devices or use your finger. Tap to add tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas. Animate your data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts. Easily filter through large tables. Find patterns and trends using pivot tables.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a spreadsheet at the same time on Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch — even on a PC
• Share your spreadsheet publicly or with specific people, see who’s currently in the spreadsheet with you, and view other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on spreadsheets stored in iCloud or in Box
• Over 30 Apple-designed templates give your spreadsheets a beautiful start
• Place tables, charts, text and images anywhere on the free-form canvas
• Add and resize multiple tables on a single sheet
• Insert photos, music and video with the Media Browser
• Enhance your spreadsheets with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Create a form to quickly enter data on the go
• Import and edit Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, Comma Separated Values (CSV) and tab-delimited text
Formulas for everyone
• Choose from over 250 powerful functions, including XLOOKUP and RegEx
• Get function suggestions as soon as you start typing a formula
• Search the integrated function browser for built-in help and sample formulas
• Easily add stock information to spreadsheets
Everything adds up. Beautifully
• Use Pivot Tables and Smart Categories to see your data in a whole new way
• Quickly organise and summarise tables to gain new insights
• Insert gorgeous 2D and 3D charts, including bar, column, line, area, pie, doughnut and radar charts
• Animate data with interactive column, bar, scatter and bubble charts
• Automatically highlight cells based on rules for numbers, text, dates and durations
• Easily filter through large tables for specific values, text or duplicate entries
• Change values in cells using sliders, steppers, tickboxes, pop-ups and star ratings
• Turn on iCloud so you can access and edit your spreadsheets from your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com
• Numbers automatically saves your spreadsheet as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Export your spreadsheet to CSV, PDF and Microsoft Excel
• Use AirDrop to send your spreadsheet to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter or Facebook
Some features may require internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
This update contains bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app until ......
I was really enjoying this app, although a bit clunky in certain areas I was getting used to it, so much so that i converted some excel files I had over. All was well until I came to print it and noticed the header had an old date on it, so I thought it would be easy to change the header. There is nowhere in the app that allows me to change the header. After reading on the web apparently that’s one thing you cant do on the IPad version. To my simple mind that appears to be one of the easier functionalities that could have been included. Looks like its back to excel.
If you’re not already familiar with Excel, invest time in learning Numbers instead.
As a data scientist, I usually rely on tableau / R / python in order to get the results I need. Recently my MacBook was out of action and with a creeping deadline I needed to get some results done quickly.
Thankfully it was pretty basic stuff, but doing it in excel for iPad turned out to DOOM-esque nightmare, with macros and unwanted functions coming out the walls, and weird esoteric quirks that have been embedded in the user base since the early 90s that are just accepted as being “the right way”.
I am sure that excel is a fantastic application if you’re familiar with the desktop versions, but I have managed to avoid it altogether in my career so far. With only 8 hours left from my deadline, I thought I’d give the data another crack in numbers. What can I say, everything is laid out in such a sane way with the same functionality.
It appears that the apple guys really do still care about intuitive app design! I managed to get up to grips and bash the data into shape in less than 1 hour (I’d been struggling with excel for 3 hours that morning). Whilst it may be true that in terms of raw speed excel is faster, I found that for my needs - a relative spreadsheet noob - I was able to get the results I wanted very quickly.
TL,DR; if you already know excel, get excel. If you don’t - get Numbers instead and save yourself the headaches and steep learning curve.
Numbers is really rather good, it is excellent on a Mac. The iOS version has the functionality but inevitably it is going to be harder to use on an iPhone than on a laptop or desktop.
The iPad version presents you with an unfamiliar interface compared to a desktop spreadsheet but once you take time to learn how to use it, it’s great.
I missed the categories feature of the prior Mac versions which were a brilliant alternative to pivot tables, whilst that has not returned the improved sort functions are very versatile and easy to use.
Whilst I have large financial models using multi cell array formulas in Excel, I have found that with a bit of thought and digging deep the function set on Numbers is very powerful indeed.
Numbers has the feature of multiple tables per sheet as it’s normal method of operation and it’s integration with the Mac world means that I have moved all my financial modelling to numbers and it’s good and I find easier to use and can display information in a clearer fashion.
There is little that Numbers cannot do if you dig deep into the function set and use a little imagination, accordingly I will let office 365 go when the current annual subscription dies.
I am confident that we will see further improvements in functionality that keep its inherent simplicity and accessibility to newcomers and then I will give five stars !
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 521.5 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2010 - 2022 Apple Inc.