Stay connected to the people and conversations that matter most. Send unlimited texts, photos, videos, documents and more to any iOS, iPadOS, macOS or watchOS device with iMessage, or use it to send SMS and MMS messages.
• Send texts, photos, videos, documents, stickers, Memoji and more to contacts using their phone number or Apple ID.
• Use Messages in iCloud to keep your entire message history, including SMS and MMS, updated and available on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple Watch and Mac, even when you set up a brand-new device.
• Name a group iMessage and add a photo to personalise the group conversation.
• Your name and photo, or even Memoji, can be shared with your friends.
• Edit any message for up to 15 minutes after sending it. Recipients will be able to see a record of edits made to the message.
• Unsend any message for up to 2 minutes after sending it.
• Mark as unread when you don’t have time to respond but want to be sure to reply to the sender later.
• Mentions let you direct a message to an individual in a group conversation.
• Inline replies let you reply to a specific message and see all related messages in their own view.
• Tapback for a quick reply to express what you think about a message, such as it’s funny or you like it.
• Pin conversations to keep up to nine of your favourite message threads at the top of the list.
• SharePlay via Messages lets you share synchronised activities like movies, music, workouts, games and more while chatting with friends in Messages.
• Shared with You shows content sent to you by friends in Messages conversations in a section in Photos, Safari, News*, Music*, Podcasts, or the TV app*.
• Collaboration lets you invite others to collaborate on a file via Messages and shares activity updates in the thread when someone makes an edit to a shared project.
• Multiple photos sent in Messages are displayed as a glanceable collage or a swipeable stack.
• Customise and share personalised Memoji with clothing, hairstyles, headgear, make-up and more.
• iMessage apps let you quickly share photos, recently played music, stickers, GIFs, Apple Pay* and more from Messages.
• New camera effects bring Animoji, filters, text effects, sticker packs and shapes to the photos and videos you capture in Messages.
Apple Watch Features
• Quickly read and respond to incoming messages.
• Use smart replies, dictation, audio messages, Scribble, emoji, Memoji, stickers, #images* or the QWERTY keyboard (Apple Watch Series 7).
• Mute or delete conversations.
• Save photos, audio messages and videos from your messages.
• Ask Siri to send a message to your contacts.
• Respond to a specific message inline to keep conversations organised in a group conversation.
• Send, receive and request money with Apple Pay*.
* Not available in all regions.
Ratings and Reviews
iMessage has grown significantly over the years and has slowly gained considerable prestige because of that. I love it for many reasons, which include its simple and intuitive user interface, smooth animations, respect for my user privacy and seamless integration with the Apple ecosystem. As someone who is heavily invested in it, I love the unparalleled convenience of being able to message someone on my iPhone and continue the conversation on my other Apple devices. However, there are some features that are missing which I hope Apple will add soon, such as the ability to star messages, archive chats, group chat typing indicators and disappearing messages. Nonetheless, I strongly believe that iMessage is hard to walk away from and should be used as the primary messaging app for many more users!
Hi my names ella and when lock-down started I missed my best friend soooo much so we called on zoom but I also had her on my FaceTime app. I had the message app but didn’t use it until one day I called her and then ended it and she texted me later that night and said ‘hey Ella I had a missed FaceTime call from you wanna call in the morning’ and from that we called non-stop ,every morning and every night! We are literally one person together. We are in the same school and class. On my messages I’ve got my dad,mum,nanny,Grampy,Liv (my bff),Lucy(my auntie,mums sister and my mums mum and dad is nanny and Grampy),grace R (in my class),grace G (born a day before me and my bff),Charlie (he’s a friend from school),Phoebe(Livs older sis),Scarlett (Livs younger sis),Ruby (2nd cousin),Maisie (friend)! I’ve got lots of ppl as you can tell! This app is soooo useful
This is my poo enjoys it so much better now than I’m having a hard day with the kids lol I was thinking of going out there today lol I think I’m so excited for the second time and I’m excited for the next few weeks and I’m going back in my bed and I’m getting ready for a bed and I will call her tomorrow morning to get my room and I will be home by then and I’m so tired of her bed and I’m not able I think I need a ride home lol lol I’m sorry I’m tired and I’m tired of that I’m not tired I’m so sorry I can’t sleep lol I’m sorry I can’t sleep lol I was tired of you getting dressed lol I think I’m so cute lol I’m so tired lol I love it bye mommy bye ✌🏿 lol 😆 I think 💭 was just talking lol 😆 I got the message lol 😆 was a nice 👍🏻 lol 😆 was able I got it lol 😆 I’m so excited peace!
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Apple Inc.