Doubletake by Filmic Pro 4+
Powerful Multi-Cam Video
Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- Offers In-App Purchases
DoubleTake by Filmic transforms your iPhone into a multi-cam studio allowing you to capture video from two cameras at the same time on recent devices*
*NOTE: Per iOS 15 capabilities, multi-cam video is restricted to the following devices only: iPhone 13 series devices, iPhone 12 series devices, iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro, 11, Xs Max, Xs, Xr, SE 2. iPad Pro 2018 and newer. While this app will install and function on all devices supported by iOS 15, all devices outside of this list will be restricted to recording video from on a single camera.
Use DoubleTake to record video in new ways:
- Camera Visualization: Better than a director’s viewfinder! Use DoubleTake’s camera picker view to visualize all available cameras for your device. Use this view to help decide how to frame your shot and which cameras you will select.
- Shot/Reverse shot: To capture all the organic and intimate interaction between two actors or interviewer and interviewee. Traditionally, filmmakers would need to employ two cameras and place these in cumbersome ‘over the shoulder’ locations. With DoubleTake you can place one device in between your actors and place the audience right in the middle of the conversation.
- Multi-cam: Capture two different focal lengths of the same subject at the same time. Use DoubleTake with the Ultra Wide lens (iPhone 11 Pro Max, 11 Pro and 11 only) and the Tele to capture both an establishing shot and a punch-in on your subject simultaneously. Or use any other combination of front and rear lenses for unrivaled multi-cam capture.
- PiP or Discreet: The DoubleTake interface allows you to see both cameras of your video capture at the same time through the use of a Picture in Picture (PiP) window. You can move this PiP around the screen, tap to zoom in, or swipe it away if it’s distracting (the second video will continue to record). With DoubleTake you can decide if you want to record your videos as separate discrete files or if you want the video recorded as a composite video that includes the PiP window animated as you see it on the screen.
- Split-screen: Doubletake also allows you to use any two cameras to create a 50/50 split-screen effect that is saved as a single video. This is great for capturing engaging interviews, or any scenario where two sides of the story need equal weighting on screen.
- Focus & Exposure Controls: DoubleTake allows you to set and lock your focus and exposure on both cameras during multi-cam capture with our unified reticle. Just tap anywhere to set an area of interest with the reticle, then tap again to lock or unlock. Our easy to use camera switcher lets you effortlessly move between your A and B cams during a recording to adjust the focus and exposure for each independently of one another.
- Full frame focus and exposure for smooth and easy automated focus and exposure adjustments.
- Selectable broadcast frame rates: 24fps, 25fps, and 30fps depending on your project requirements.
- 1080p video at high bitrate encoding for maximum quality. (note: 1080p video is the maximum resolution supported by the Apple API for multi-cam capture).
- Composited PiP or separate discreet video files recorded as .h264 .mov files are saved to DoubleTake’s internal library which supports batch export to the Camera Roll.
Starting from this version, you'll have the possibility to purchase new bundle options!
Ratings and Reviews
Great, but please add ‘nude’ feature!
No, I don’t mean for filming nudes! I mean allow me to remove the camera controls from the ‘webcam’ version of the camera output. I don’t want to see buttons I can’t operate obscuring the video in the PC camera window - just what the camera ‘sees’.
If you really want to guild the lily and make my day without having to overcome the 1080p limitation on the output, allow me to operate the camera at whatever resolution it supports, but select the region for output, even if this can’t be larger than a 1920x1080 window.
Leaving aside my wish list items, what the app does, it does well - good image quality, very low latency, and robust, so kudus and many thanks for that!
Appreciate this might be a beta version. I don’t see the difference in functionality between discrete and PiP. Please help someone. Maximum frame rates you can shoot is only 30 fps at the moment. There is no stabilisation in tele mode. If you split the screen between wide and wide angle exposure is different which is perhaps no surprise. However depending on the light conditions it could render some of the split screen footage usable. All this said I think this App has great potential if further changes can be made.
One major bug, when screen orientation is locked and you record PiP in landscape, while recording its fine, but when you view the actual recording later on , the small video will be upside down.
Another minor bug, when you start the app the default mode is just normal video recording - it should be Picture in Picture mode.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Bending Spoons Apps ApS
- 50.7 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 14.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.1 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2020 FiLMiC Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- DoubleTake Weekly With FT £0.99
- DoubleTake Yearly With FT £19.99
- Weekly Creator Bundle with FT £9.99
- Weekly Subscription £0.99
- Weekly Bundle Subscription £4.99
- Weekly Creator Bundle £9.99
- Yearly Creator Bundle £99.99
- Yearly Creator Bundle with FT £99.99
- Yearly Subscription £19.99
- Yearly Bundle Subscription £69.99