DaVinci Resolve for iPad 4+
Hollywood’s edit & color tools
Blackmagic Design Inc
- Offers In-App Purchases
DaVinci Resolve for iPad
DaVinci Resolve for iPad is the world’s only solution that combines editing and color correction in one software tool! Its elegant, modern interface is fast to learn and easy for new users, yet powerful for professionals. DaVinci Resolve lets you work faster and at a higher quality because you don’t have to learn multiple apps or switch software for different tasks. That means you can work with camera original quality images throughout the entire process. It’s like having your own post production studio in a single app! Best of all, by learning DaVinci Resolve, you’re learning how to use the exact same tools used by Hollywood professionals in high end post production studios!
Turn work around fast using cut page editing!
The cut page is perfect for projects with tight deadlines that you have to turn around quickly. It’s also great for documentary work. The cut page has a streamlined interface that’s fast to learn and designed for speed. Features such as source tape for visual media browsing, fast review, and smart editing tools help you work faster than ever. The sync bin and source overwrite tools are the fastest way to edit multi-cam programs, with easy to create perfectly synchronized cut aways! With DaVinci Resolve you’ll spend more time editing and less time hunting for shots.
Hollywood’s favorite color corrector!
The DaVinci Resolve for iPad color page is Hollywood’s most advanced color corrector and has been used to color and finish more high end feature films and television shows than any other system! It’s also approachable with features designed to make it easier for new users to get great results while they continue to learn the advanced tools. For example, primary control sliders will be familiar to anyone who’s used image editing software, making it easy to adjust contrast, temperature, mid-tone detail, saturation and more. The color page has an incredible range of primary and secondary color grading features including PowerWindows™, qualifiers, 3D trackers, advanced HDR grading tools and more!
Blackmagic Cloud Collaboration
DaVinci Resolve for iPad supports the revolutionary Blackmagic Cloud, a whole new way of collaborating using cloud based workflows. Simply create a Blackmagic Cloud ID to log into the DaVinci Resolve Project Server and set up a project library for your project. You can assign any number of collaborators to a project, using Blackmagic Cloud to share projects. Multiple people can work on the same timeline! When changes are made, you can see and accept them in the viewer, changes are only applied when you accept updates. A single click can relink files, update timelines, or view changes. Built in timeline compare tools let you merge changes into a master timeline so others can continue with edits.
AI Tools for Creativity
DaVinci Resolve features cutting edge AI processing powered by the DaVinci Neural Engine. Tools such as magic mask need only a single stroke to locate and track people, features and objects in a shot. You can make characters stand out in an under lit shot, or invert the person mask and stylize the background. Smart reframe repurposes footage to dramatically different aspect ratios by recognizing the action in a scene and panning within it so you can quickly create square or vertical versions for posting to social media. Voice isolation lets you easily remove loud, undesirable sounds from interviews and dialogue recordings from noisy locations. AI tools create quick, accurate results saving you hours of time!
Recommended for use with Apple iPad Pro M1 or newer models. Earlier iPad models may be restricted to HD, and memory limitations may limit some features. DaVinci Resolve projects (drp) and project archives (dra) are fully compatible with DaVinci Resolve 18 on desktop. Supported file formats include H.264, H.265, Apple ProRes and Blackmagic RAW. Supports the Magic Keyboard, Apple Pencil as well as Studio and PRO XDR Displays.
• Multiple cut page improvements.
• Support for Blackmagic Cloud Presentations.
• DaVinci Neural Engine based subtitles from audio in Studio.
• DaVinci Neural Engine powered text based editing in Studio.
• Per-timeline Resolve Color Management.
• Multiple timeline display improvements.
- Support for subtitles in the cut timeline.
- Enlarge a track by clicking on icon in the track header.
- Options to display clip names and indicators.
- Improved smart indicator and edit point display.
- Out of sync indicators for edited sync clips.
• Multiple timeline action improvements.
- Automatically detect and create captions from timeline audio.
- Perform DaVinci Neural Engine scene cuts in the cut timeline.
- Add audio, video and subtitle tracks.
- Split and join adjacent clips.
- Ripple option to toggle ripple edits on main track.
- Add markers and set default marker color.
• New edit actions.
- Ability to create split edits by rolling or trimming audio.
- Alt or Option trim to bypass ripple and add a gap on the main track.
- Trim and extend edit clip start or end to playhead.
- Resync misaligned synced clips.
• Reorganized toolbar for quick access to view options and edit actions.
• Right click on smooth cut to access favorite transitions on the toolbar.
• Cut page track numbering unified with other pages.
• Export current frame as still from media, cut and edit viewers.
• New motion graphic effects templates and transitions in cut and edit.
• Per-timeline Resolve Color Management.
• Support for matte finesse post-filter controls in Magic Mask.
• Ability to undo Camera RAW changes for each clip.
• Ability to set composite mode in the corrector node.
• Support for marker overlays and annotations in the viewer.
• Support for showing missing LUTs as a viewer overlay.
• Ability to manage missing LUTs from the LUT manager.
• Ability to sort stills, LUTs and PowerGrade albums in the gallery.
• Generated LUTs now include spatial Resolve FX DCTL effects.
• Automatic background refresh of gallery stills for multi user projects.
• Improved highlight mode behavior during HDR grading.
• Ability to copy and paste Vivid HDR trim metadata between clips.
• Improved performance when grading HDR footage.
• Up to 2x faster spatial noise reduction in Apple silicon.
• Improved tracking and cache management for Magic Mask.
• External matte node labels now default to the matte file name.
• Node label is now retained when converting to a shared node.
• Support for Leica L Log color management.
• Color space and gamma options are now organized by vendor.
• AI-based Resolve FX Relight to add virtual lighting in Studio.
• Invert Effect option in Resolve FX Glow for a dark glow effect.
• Option to export Resolve FX Flicker Addition analysis as an alpha channel.
• Ability to swap in and out colorspaces in Resolve FX Color Transform.
• Improved handling of blanking in Resolve FX Depth map analysis.
• Improved patch replacer results at patch edges.
• Bright region recovery control for Resolve FX Glow and Light Rays.
• Automatic input and output management for Resolve FX grading nodes.
• Dragging a Resolve FX now applies it as a color grading node.
• Alt or option drag a Resolve FX to create an FX node.
• Support for smart initialization of OFX alpha mixing state.
• Alt or option resize selection to preserve ratio in warper and surface tracker.
Ratings and Reviews
Early days and install
I’ve been hoping this would happen for a while. Like Blender which is free, DaVinci has supported the video editing community with a free tool on the desktop for a while. I’ve installed the iPad version on a 12.9 M1 iPad. Bumpy start as it crashed straight away. However, reading the comments it was suggested that you delete and re-install the app which has solved that first issue straight away. Everything is running fine now. I will be purchasing the full version for the iPad when I’ve become familiar with how the iPad version functions compared to the desktop version. As usual I’m sure a lot of the bugs will be sorted out but for the moment it’s a great start.
How to purchase Studio?
I haven’t started a project yet, but I have spent a couple of hours tabbing through some of the features and I am really impressed with what’s on offer so far. I have seen some features with the Studio watermark of sorts but I don’t see an option to purchase. I am also under the impression I can capture ProRes footage with this software using the M2 iPad Pro but I haven’t found anywhere within the software as of yet. Apparently I need to buy third party software to unlock ProRes capture but I am having difficulty finding any clarification on the subject. After spending a further couple of hours watching tutorials and tests for Davinci Resolve for iPad I am left excited of its capabilities and I am really looking forward to learning how it all works.
DaVinci Resolve is a symbol of how well Pro apps run on iPad when developers care
5/5 Because you can keybind to show the other 5 tabs, I paid for the full DaVinci Resolve on iPad as soon as I found out the other tabs would be available, I beg you please not to remove them, even if you make them paid add ons or desktop price, or if they’re restricted to people using Magic Keyboard, maybe they’re not touch friendly but I’m using them with Magic Keyboard perfectly fine and enjoying it, I view DaVinci Resolve as a symbol of what developers can do on iPad when they care which is why it means so much to me that the full DaVinci Resolve works on iPad.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Blackmagic Design Inc
- 2.7 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iPadOS 16.0 or later and a device with A12 Bionic chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blackmagic Design
- In-App Purchases
- DaVinci Resolve Studio £99.99