Take stunning photos and videos with true-to-life colour in any situation — from everyday moments to studio-quality portraits. Capture detailed shots in low-light situations, and unleash your creativity with features like Portrait mode, Night mode, Live Photos, slo-mo, time-lapse, panorama and more.*
Take incredible photos in Photo mode
• Live Photos capture the moments before and after you tap the shutter, bringing your image to life
• Smart HDR and Deep Fusion capture fine detail in highlights and shadows, even in low-light situations
• Night mode reveals true-to-life colour and sharp photos even in dark scenes
• Panorama mode lets you take it all in and capture a wide field of view
• Use filters or choose different aspect ratios to add creative flair to your photos
• Snap still photos while shooting video by tapping the shutter button
• Capture images in Apple ProRAW for more creative control over highlights, shadows and colour in post-processing while taking advantage of Camera’s intelligent image pipeline
Take studio-quality portraits using Portrait mode
• Capture photos with a depth-of-field effect that emphasises your subject by blurring the background
• Maximise your creativity with Portrait Lighting effects like Studio Light to brighten facial features, Contour Light for more dramatic directional lighting, and Stage Light to isolate your subject in the spotlight
• Use Portrait mode and Portrait Lighting on the front-facing camera to take your selfie game to the next level
Capture the moment with stunning video
• Record in a variety of resolutions and frame rates up to 4K60 in stunning 10-bit Dolby Vision HDR
• Shoot slo-mo videos at up to 120 frames per second
• Time-lapse lets you speed up the action
• QuickTake video lets you record video in Photo mode by holding down the shutter button
Cinematic mode puts a cinematographer in your pocket
• Capture gorgeous video with a stunning depth-of-field effect and focus transitions
• Choose focus points while recording — or let Cinematic mode intelligently choose them for you
• Adjust focus points after recording in the Photos app
Use the Camera app on Apple Watch as a remote
• Choose to use a timer, use the front or rear camera, and set Live Photo and flash options, then snap away — all from your wrist
* Not all features are available on all iPhone or iPad models. Refer to your device’s user guide for information on feature support.
Ratings and Reviews
I love the Camera app. I personally feel this is one of the most essential apps. I don't get the lack of reviews / ratings, as the camera app is basically pre-installed on most iOS Apple devices, meaning most people have this app. However, it would be nice if there was a setting to stop the camera automatically changing the exposure. Also, I would be really happy if they added the long exposure photo option to more devices. Lastly, for some reason, whenever I take a panoroma, it stops before you can get to 360 degrees, which I found mildly infuriating.
Couldn’t Be Better!
The Camera app is incredible! Its main highlight is its simplistic user interface which makes it insanely easy to use. The animations are smooth and using the app feels natural and intuitive. The iPhone has always led the industry with a simple Point and Shoot, and the Camera apps simplicity makes that even more enjoyable. I understand that some people prefer taking photos using third party apps such as Instagram and Snapchat, but what they don’t realise is that those apps don’t take full advantage of the iPhone’s camera. The images taken from them are compressed and aren’t high quality. This is because the developers haven’t optimised their apps to take full advantage of the iPhone’s amazing camera. Apple has optimised and designed this native Camera app so that there is no compression and so that the photos that are taken with it are in their highest quality possible. This is why I strongly feel like this app should be used to capture your amazing memories, instead of social media apps.
No Pro Mode: Cluttered UI
Standard camera is good for anyone wanting to just take a photo, but if you like taking nice photos with an artistic flare this camera app is not for you.
Changing the Tone is made difficult having to go into sub menu after sub menu, exposure is on a different sub menu and things like ISO,Aperture as well as Tint, brightness, saturation are no where to be found.
A Pro mode slider should be made where all these sliders/features are available as direction button options so that they are easily accessible, currently trying to quickly capture a moment before it disappearing whilst visiting every menu and going back to change a setting will take you over 2 minutes.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Apple Inc.