Apple Developer 4+
- Offers In-App Purchases
Welcome to Apple Developer, your source for developer stories, news, and educational information — and the best place to experience WWDC.
• Stay up to date on the latest technical and community information.
• Browse news, features, developer stories, and informative videos.
• Catch up on videos from past events and download them to watch offline.
Thank you for your feedback. New in this release:
• A new UI designed for macOS.
• Discover, which helps you catch up on the latest stories, news, videos, and more.
• WWDC, where you can find everything you’ll need for the conference.
• A new browse interface, where you can search for existing sessions, videos, articles, and news.
• The option to download and favorite content to read or watch later.
Thank you for your feedback! New in this release:
• Explore all WWDC23 has to offer, including session videos, activities in Slack, 1-on-1 labs, and more.
• We’ve added actions to the Share toolbar button menu, such as copying a link to a session.
• We’ve also fixed bugs and added various other enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Please bring back the collection view layout for my Favourites on iPad 🙏🏻 It’s feels really cramped now when I’m browsing for the next video I’d like to watch.
Otherwise this new update is 5 ⭐️
Content inside the app is world class as always 🙌🏻
Seems ironic that the official app for the world’s biggest iOS developer conference has serious bugs - but it does.
I kick off a download, then put the app in the background and lock my phone, next time I open the app it crashes on startup. I can open it if I retry, but now my in-progress downloads fail (I get an Alert complaining about files and directories) and have to be restarted. This has happened a couple of times.
There is one video now that fails whenever I try to download it (and I have plenty of free storage).
Also usability could be better - there are no filters, only a tableview tree structure, which means if I want to filter by more than one category I have to use the search bar.
On the whole it’s a pretty good app, so perhaps it’s unfair to focus on the negatives - but really the WWDC app, of all apps, should be a showcase for how to do it right.
Needs speed control
For the most part the app does what it needs to do, but is really needs to playback speed control.
Anything that has educational videos needs to allow at least 1.5x and 2x playback speeds. Without they generally become unusable for people that are use to it, it is to slow to keep focus. WWDC videos often slower than most because they can feature a marketing prevention pacing, and given the nature of content need to repeat information that may already be known by a large part of the audience (or at least familiar enough to make absorbing very quick).
As it stands without I find the app unusable, and instead download and playback on a dedicated video app; with the odd livestream exception.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 12.1 MB
- Developer Tools
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.3 or later.
- Apple TV
- Requires tvOS 15.4 or later.
English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Apple Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Apple Developer Program £78.99
- WeatherKit 150 million calls £7,299.99
- WeatherKit 100 million calls £4,899.99
- WeatherKit 50 million calls £2,399.99
- WeatherKit 200 million calls £9,799.99
- Xcode Cloud 250 Hours £98.99
- Xcode Cloud 100 Hours £48.99
- Xcode Cloud 1000 Hours £399.99
- WeatherKit 1 million calls £48.99
- WeatherKit 2 million calls £98.99