With a streamlined design and intuitive editing features, iMovie lets you create Hollywood-style trailers and beautiful movies like never before. Browse your video library, share favourite moments, and create beautiful movies that you can edit at resolutions up to 4K. You can even start editing movies on an iPhone or iPad, and finish them on a Mac.
Browse and share video
• See all your video clips and photos organised in one place
• Quickly share a clip or a portion of a clip
• Background import lets you begin watching and sharing video instantly
Make Hollywood-style trailers
• Choose from 29 trailer templates with stunning graphics and original scores by some of the world’s top film composers
• Customise movie studio logos, cast names and credits
• Select the best videos and photos for your trailer with the help of animated drop zones
Create beautiful 4K and HD movies
• Edit movies at up to 4K resolution with video from iPhone 6s or later, GoPro and other Ultra HD cameras on compatible Macs (1)
• Support for 1080p HD video at 60 frames per second for smoother, more lifelike action shots
• Import movies and trailers created using iMovie on iPhone or iPad to finish them on your Mac
• Enhance your movie by adding titles, transitions, and 3D globes and travel maps
• Speed up and slow down the action with fast-forward and slow-motion effects
• Create sophisticated picture-in-picture, side-by-side and green screen effects
• Create a soundtrack using built-in music and sound effects, songs from your iTunes library, songs you’ve recorded in GarageBand and your own narration
Fine-tune every clip
• Instantly improve the look and sound of your video using one-click Enhance
• Give your video a boost with easy-to-use colour controls
• Stabilise shaky video for a smoother picture that’s easier to watch
• Automatically zoom in on faces and glide across panorama photos with the Ken Burns Effect
• Choose from 48 fun video and audio effects
• Send your project to Final Cut Pro and take advantage of advanced editing tools, professional effects, third-party plug-ins and more
Share with friends and family
• Email videos with Mail Drop when signed in to iCloud
• Export a video optimised for YouTube, Facebook and other popular video destinations
• Share any video frame as an image
Create App Previews for the App Store
• Import iPhone and iPad screen recording videos captured with QuickTime Player
• Highlight features with 11 animated titles designed to showcase apps in action
• Export finished videos using the App Preview share option
(1) 4K export requires a Mac from 2011 or later with at least 4GB of RAM. Full-resolution 4K playback is supported on iMac with Retina display and Mac Pro (2013 or later) when connected to a 4K display.
• Fixes the following issues that could occur when importing projects from iMovie for iOS:
• Fonts may change when using the Slide and Chromatic title styles
• Longer titles may shift from one line to two lines
• Filters may be removed from clips
• Some projects may fail to import
• Fixes an issue in which changing an event name in the All Events view may cause that same name to be incorrectly displayed for a different event
• Includes stability and reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Adobe Rush better be running from Imovie and Final Cut Pro!!
The biggest junk created ever! Why? Becouse i’m working on Apple MacBook Pro 2010 and can you imagine I’m working ot Adobe Creative Cloud with it….Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom software programs that i edit RAW Images in 5000 x 3000 size! Epic right?! And even Adobe is not making there products specialy for Mac, right?
:D BUT when I’m using that application FOR APPLE, MADE BY APPLE it is totally diffrent story! I installed it becouse i needed some basic video editor for one joke video…right….so i made the video aaand saved it becouse i didn’t had more time to work on it……and boy after i opened it again oh boy…..1 hour i can’t even start editing…. cuz when i put my cursor on the screen, guess what?!..the friking iMovie just crashes my Mac and it restarts (the HOLE FRIKING SYSTEM!!!)…. :D :D i had never ever had that problem with other app……that is just absurd!
It turns out that i can make photography for magazines and so one with 3th party applications, but i can’t make my friend laugh with apple own video editor….. :D What a joke...
BIG BOOOOOO for that epic junk that apple made!
Good one Apple, good one.
I love this program but it gives me errors too often when I try to work on longer videos.
Right now I can’t close the program and my last video was only 30 min long.
It is stuck and I can’t even restart my computer. I don’t know how to fix it. :(
Be careful when using it.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- User Content
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary based on, for example, the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Apple Distribution International
- 2.2 GB
- Photo & Video
- Requires macOS 10.15.6 or later.
English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 1999-2001, 2003-2021 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.
Up to six family members will be able to use this app with Family Sharing enabled.